Sunday, January 10, 2021

Horn Snippet: Bizet (Brass Quintet)

(2 of 2) Will need to expand to full-screen to see facial movements. During brass quintet rehearsal we ran through some Bizet, and I wanted to capture it on camera! 

This is a particularly difficult part for me because anytime there are simple repetitive articulation patterns, short rests that require quick sensory feedback, embouchure dystonia is wicked awful. 

I started off struggling with getting separation between the notes and then eventually it kicked in, but you can see how much the muscles in my face are moving and working just to catch up and play in the middle register over and over again. 

I had a lot of fun though and so happy I get to play with my twin sister and her husband (on trumpet) and our friends. I have surgery at 5:30am in the morning (thus my lack of effort in fixing my hair), so this was my last rehearsal tonight for the next 2 months.


No comments:

Post a Comment