Sunday, December 29, 2013

More Helpful Links


I collected even more links that I've been reading through. Some of them I still have to finish! This also marks my 36th post (I believe?) in 2013. It is an odd coincidence that I also posted a total of 36 post in 2012. I definitely did not intend to do that! So here's to another year of my ongoing blog over embouchure dystonia!!!! I can't believe I've written that much and recorded so many videos. I am so happy though knowing that my blog helps others realize they're not as alone as they think they are with this disorder. I've received support messages, and also love to hear about other people's experiences with the disorder and how they cope as well. It's always interesting to find similarities in things that help, but also to see the differences in observations from one person's personal journey to another. Here are the links!

Research and treatment of Musician Movement Disorders at Hannover Music University.

Rehabilitation of musician's dystonia through retraining. de Lisle, R:

The musician’s brain as a model of neuroplasticity.
 Thomas F. Münte, Eckart Altenmüller and Lutz Jäncke:

 Dystonia: Etiology, Clinical Features, and Treatment
 edited by Mitchell F. Brin, Cynthia Comella, Joseph Jankovic:
  
Neurological Rehabilitation
 edited by Darcy Ann Umphred, Rolando T. Lazaro, Margaret Roller, Gordon Burton:

Acquisition and Loss of Skilled Movement in Musicians. Frank R. Wilson:

The Musician's Hand: A Clinical Guide.
 edited by Ian Winspur, Christopher B Wynn Parry:
Rehabilitation of the Hand and Upper Extremity, 2-Volume Set: Expert Consult.
 By Terri M. Skirven, A. Lee Osterman, Jane Fedorczyk, Peter C. Amadio:

Treatment of Musician’s Dystonia with the Use of Ultrasound-Guided Injection of Botox: An Interesting Case Report. Rajat Goel:

Dysfunctional neural activity linked to musician’s dystonia. Danny Rose: http://www.medicalobserver.com.au/news/dysfunctional-neural-activity-linked-to-musicians-dystonia

The pathophysiological basis of dystonias. Xandra O. Breakefield, Anne J. Blood, Yuqing Li, Mark Hallett, Phyllis I. Hanson, and David G. Standaert:
https://fysio.dk/Upload/KursUdd/Kursusmateriale/Tema%20tonus,%20bev%C3%A6gelse,%20b%C3%B8rn/HS%20-%20Breakfield%20Pathophysiology%20of%20Dystonia.pdf

Focal hand dystonia – a disorder of neuroplasticity? Joseph Classen:

What is Dystonia? Contributed by Prof. Alberto Albanese, MD
Professor of Neurology Istituto Neurologico C. Besta Milano, Italy:

Understanding a Career Killer: Focal Dystonia. Brian Wise:

The Performing Arts Clinic of Brigham:

CC Grand Rounds: (1) Musician's Dystonia: When the Music Stops. (Video)




No comments:

Post a Comment