Tuesday, March 20, 2012

More Progress...



Surprisingly my lip isn't irritated after practice today. Weird? I tried to play higher than normal. Safe to say spasms are feeling like they're almost to the point of being completely gone and have been for a while. Even the feeling of them being beneath the surface is getting less noticeable! 

Hooray!!!! I never thought they would go away in my mid-to-low register. Hope I don't jinx myself by saying this.
But now I just need to stabilize the notes (lots of air leaking going on, and I really don't feel like I have 100% grip on the core), and work on landing on them via larger interval jumps.

There's still a ton of work to do, but with the involuntary muscle contractions being almost completely gone (still some embouchure collapsing going on when working on flexibility). When there are spasms that occur, they are at least controllable because they are right beneath the surface - still frustrating to sense them though. It's gotten a lot easier to focus on specific things in my playing.

Hopefully everything keeps getting better. So far progress has been less sporadic; meaning I feel it's not one huge step back for every 2 steps forward. Just have to patience and faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment