Wednesday, June 19, 2019

DMRF Birthday Fundraiser

I probably should have shared this on my blog and on my facebook "Living with Embouchure Dystonia" page, but didn't have time. I'm happy though that despite my lack of marketing the small fundraiser, I was able to raise $57 dollars for the Dystonia Medical Research Foundation (DMRF). I know it's small, but it counts! I couldn't be happier. Hopefully next year I can help raise more! :) Thank you so much to those who helped out. Here's the original posting:

For my 35th birthday this year (been 10 years since diagnosed with Focal Embouchure Dystonia), I'm asking for donations to the Dystonia Medical Research Foundation. I've chosen this nonprofit because their mission means a lot to me, and I hope you'll consider contributing as a way to celebrate with me. Every little bit will help me reach my goal. I've included information about the Dystonia Medical Research Foundation below.

The mission of the DMRF is to advance research for more effective treatments and ultimately a cure for dystonia, to promote awareness and education and to support the well being of dystonia affected individuals and families.

Although Focal Dystonia affects a small percentage of musicians, there is a larger amount of general Dystonia cases which are more severe and degrade people's lives severely. It truly is a complex and debilitating neurological disorder that comes in many forms.

The DMRF also oversees the Musician's with Dystonia Foundation started by former professional horn player Glen Estrin and neurologist Dr. Steven Frucht.

Thank you for any support! 💜💙💜💙💜💙



No comments:

Post a Comment