Sunday, March 13, 2016

Month of March Research Articles

Apologies for not imputing much into my blog this year! My first year teaching has been one of the most challenging, yet rewarding blessing in my life. I'm finally doing what I love, but do feel a bit sad over not having enough time to tend to my blog. This blog means so much to me! I'm writing to you from the desk in the photo...I finally have a place to work at home. Until summer rolls around, I'll be posting mainly resources/research articles.

Here are two research articles I've read recently. I'm been searching a great deal to find information over tests focused around the somatosensory part of the brain in musicians with dystonia. Last month I posted an article that explains what acetylcholine is and how it supports the CNS/PNS systems (and the somatosensory cortical neurons).

The first article below is pretty self explanatory; how we should focus on somatosensory, as it may be another key component in research on musician's dystonia, and what these researchers have found. The second one involves some EMG electrode work in stimulating muscles of musicians who have dystonia and how this has helped restore sensorimotor organization.

That is all for now! I will post more if and when I can. Thank you to those who have reached out...I promise to be in touch as soon as possible.

Focal Dystonia in Musicians: Linking Motor Symptoms to Somatosensory Dysfunction

Regaining Motor Control in Musician's Dystonia by Restoring Sensorimotor Organization