Friday, March 27, 2015

My Academic Year (Photos)

Well. It's been a busy school year! I'm almost done....5 weeks left. Whew! I just wanted to share some photos I've took throughout the year. It's been extremely challenging yet rewarding; 3 deaths in my life, lost my job, lost my car for a while, and way too much drama, on top of full-time work and full-time school, but on the positive side a scholarship, plenty of opportunities to teach, make friends, and let go of my past. This summer I'll be focusing a lot on work, getting in shape, and preparing for presentations over musician injuries. Cheers to my first year at CU, and looking forward to summer soon!
Learning/Practicing Timpani
Outside Macky Auditorium
Teaching a trombone sectional on Holst Suite


Macky Auditorium


Hiking in the Flatirons
More hiking....

My nametag from the school of education.

Macky Auditorium

Downtown Boulder

Pearl Street

Snowfall on CU campus

My bus pass and ID...I was so excited to receive these!

More snowfall on campus

More snowfall on campus...

Saying goodbye to some kids moving away from graduate family housing! My roommate and I always played basketball and football with them during the summer.
More campus photos...

We were learning how to do basic colorgaurd during Marching Band Techniques class.

Saying goodbye to the children moving away from graduate family housing. My roommate and I played basketball and football with them all summer. We miss them very much!!! :'(

The hour before my very first conducting experience. Dvorak Wind Serenade.


My first Music Educators Journal! I open it up and there's my high school band director Dr. Burrack.
Fireworks at Farrand Field

At an elementary school in Denver visiting my roommates mom's music class! I taught them about brass and introduced them to the horn and trombone.

Walking home....

More walks....

Conducting high school band on Halloween

More snowfall outside...

Teaching flute basics

Teaching solfege / hand signs.

Working on subdivision charts with a high school trombone section

More conducting....

More conducting photos