Sunday, February 23, 2014

Interests: Gray's Anatomy - Fascia of the Cranium and Face





Sometimes I write facebook posts that I originally meant to post on my embouchure dystonia blog. This is one of them!...Finally bought the famous medical text. I'm always printing off excerpts from the fascia of the cranium and face section. Over two years ago I became extremely fascinated with any information published on the facial muscles and movement disorders.

Also I love studying the facial nerve and branches, trigeminal nerve and branches; including reading articles on bells palsy, trigeminal neuropathy, mental neuropathy, and peripheral neuropathy. I know it's weird, but ever since I was diagnosed with focal task-specific embouchure dystonia onset by neuropathy, I've been drawn to anatomy, neurology, alternative treatment/methods, research studies, and the various body movement methods too (Feldenkrais, Alexander Technique, Rolfing, Body Mapping, etc). All that good stuff. What has become of me?!?! Crazy isn't it.

No comments:

Post a Comment