Monday, March 11, 2013

Musician's Dystonia: A Guide To Understanding And Coping With The Disorder. Edited by Juame Rosset I Llobet, and Silvia Fabregas I Molas.

Thought I'd throw in a little motivational quote here while I could! Keep your chin up! (even if it wobbles!) 


I found another great PDF file over Musician's Dystonia.

Check out the table of contents on page 3 and 4. It covers quite a bit, and surprisingly goes over diagnosis process and what to bring to your neurologist/what you can expect, etc. Which I find really important information to pass on to others! I think this is a great manual for anyone to read!!!! Also check out page 119, I find the table showing the percentage of effective treatments outlined in a study. It's really interesting! It took a bit to read through it, and I'm still not done reading it. I basically looked up the areas I was interested in by the table of contents, but hope I get to read more of it when I have time! What a great find!!!! Hope this helps others! Here is the link: http://www.embouchure.nl/bestanden/Musician's_Dystonia-complete.pdf


MUSICIAN'S DYSTONIA
A practical manual to understand and take care of the disorder that
affect the ability to play music.

Editors:
Jaume Rosset i Llobet and Sílvia Fàbregas i Molas
Institut de Fisiologia i Medicina de l’Art-Terrasa. Barcelona, Spain.
www.institutart.com
info@institutart.com

Collaborators:
Josep Fargas Fernández.
Professor of Labour and Social Security Law, Universitat Pompeu Fabra. Barcelona, Spain.

Álvaro Pascual-Leone.
Center for Non-invasive Brain Stimulation, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School. Boston, Massachusetts, USA. Hospital de Rehabilitació Institut Guttmann. Barcelona, Spain.

Josep Valls i Solé.
Neurology Department, Hospital Clínic, Universitat de Barcelona. Barcelona,
Spain


I'll also post it on my sidebar too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment