Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July 31st Working with Relapse Symptoms - Vlog Practice

 Yay! Finally got a video up. Haven't been able to find a place to record since moving to Denver. Luckily University of Denver music building was open yesterday evening...first time I heard myself play out loud/outside a mute in a longgggg time. 

Yesterday's session was pretty rough due to the relapse symptoms. But good that I captured it on camera...approx. 1 hour and 20 minutes of playing. [Also, I'm going to upload a video of what my playing is like after the relapse has passed; Link will be highlighted -->here ...as soon as it's posted.] 



You can see the areas where I struggle the most with the symptoms, but also how I work at ironing them out/reducing them. Tried to not talk a whole lot...but you know with me, I love talking/writing.

Anywhoo, here's the videos!! Lots of slow methodical practice. I was happy with the work done!!!







Part 1 - prep-work...and pedal range (working way upwards)





Part 2 ...more pedal range work and middle register, etc.



Part 3 - ...a bit of excerpts near the end. Thought I'd have a couple seconds of fun! :)



Part 4 ...arpeggios/open-harmonics, and octaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment